There is so much information floating around about detoxing and juice
cleanses, it can be hard to know which method is right for you. Today, let’s
focus specifically on a protein juice cleanse. This cleanse is becoming more
and more popular, and it could be just what you’re looking for!
Detox or Cleanse?
First, let’s determine exactly what a cleanse is. You may be wondering
if there is a difference between a detox and a cleanse, such a protein
juice cleanse? The answer is yes; typically a basic cleanse focuses on the cleaning out of the bowels and the gut – to
get rid of buildup and harmful substances that we tend to hold onto. The idea
is to then to replace what is taken out with gut healing nutrients and
vitamins. Usually this is accomplished with a combination of diet and
A detox primarily focuses on
ridding the body of toxins and harmful substances brought in from the outside
world that compromise our vital organs. Like a cleanse, it focuses on cutting
certain things out of your diet, such as alcohol and caffeine, and only taking
in detoxing foods and supplements that will help clean and strengthen our
liver, kidneys, and blood.
How to Do a Protein Juice Cleanse
You have options when it comes to a protein juice cleanse. Unlike some
of the other popular cleanses out there, a protein juice cleanse (or juice fasting) focuses on not
just cleaning out your system with healthy fruit and vegetable juices, but also
with muscle protecting protein.
Here are some things you’ll want to add to your grocery list when
preparing for your protein juice cleanse.
- Organic Fruits – It’s best to choose organic when embarking on a cleanse. Since you are looking to flush toxins from your body, avoid pesticides by choosing non-organic fruits. Good fruits to focus on during a cleanse include:
- Organic Vegetables – Just like fruits, it’s best to choose organic when juicing vegetables for a protein juice cleanse. The type of veggie you choose is also key; here are some that will give you more bang for your buck when it comes to cleaning you out.
- High Quality Protein Powder – If you want to stick to a liquid cleanse, protein powder is the answer. Just be careful when choosing a brand. Here are some options that are great for a protein juice cleanse:
- VegeCleanse – This pea protein powder from Designs for Health is a perfect protein source for those following a vegetarian diet while on a protein juice cleanse.
- MycoPure – This is another good option for those on a vegan or keto diet who are looking to do a protein juice cleanse. This powder sources protein from fermented shiitakes and peas.
- GI Cleanse Protein Powder – This is a great option from Natural Healthy Concepts that will work for everyone. This powder contains 26 grams of protein per serving and all of your essential vitamins and minerals.
- High Powered Herbs – Many people opt to add in high powered herbs to assist with detoxification and promote healing. Some great ones to try in your protein juice cleanse include:
However you choose to do a cleanse, your overall health is what to
consider. That’s why a protein juice cleanse is such a popular choice, it still
gives you all the benefit of a traditional juice cleanse, without compromising
support for your bones and muscle. Good luck on your natural health and